You haven’t lived if you haven’t tried this dessert. Trust me. (And trust my Mom, who made us cook it for her three nights in a row while she visited us!)
- 4 regular bananas (or 8 apple bananas)
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 oz. of amber or dark rum
- Ice cream
- Over medium heat in a large saucepan, melt butter and add brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Add sliced bananas and cook until soft (approximately 5 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Pour rum over the contents and ignite. Shake pan to ensure all alcohol burns off.
- Serve over ice cream (makes four portions).
- Call or email to thank me when you’re done.