Welcome to Jordan
We journeyed to the tiny country of Jordan in June, 2012 for nine days as guests of the Jordan Tourism Board.
This was our first visit to the Middle East, and we were simply blown away. From the friendly people, to the delicious food (it’s a winner…read this!), to the numerous incredible sights that left us breathless and tearful, Jordan is a country that we WILL return to someday to explore more of.
And we hope these posts will convince you to put it high on your list too…
Posts on Jordan…
- First, view this ‘travel trailer’ – a short video highlighting our entire journey through the Kingdom.
- The thriving art of mosaics in Madaba is symbolic of the country as a whole.
- Petra is one of the wonders of the world for good reason. We thought we had seen it all, but nothing beats seeing the Treasury and other landmarks in person. Oh, and visiting the monastery is worth it too, even if you almost pass out on the way to it (like Dalene did).
- And while in Petra, be sure to get a cooking lesson (and bring your stretchy pants). Just be weary of the very sharp knives.
- Wadi Rum is an amazing desert landscape where we took a camel trek with a Bedouin guide. Learn how we made friends with the camels.
- Jordan has a wee little strip of coastline on the Red Sea. Nothing beats a day out on the water, enjoying the ambience of this historic sea.
- More watery-historic-goodness, we absolutely loved our time at the Dead Sea. Especially Pete, who finally understood what it feels like to float in water!
- To travel is to be humbled, especially when seeing such biblical sites as Mount Nebo and Bethany Beyond the Jordan.
- Ohhhh baby. Jordan knows how to do romance! We loved our time at the Ma’in Hot Springs, and the setting was entirely unexpected.
- And finally, a collection of our favourite photos, done up as postcards. Jordan is one of those countries where it is hard to take a bad photo!