Travel is our normal routine, and dare we say, sometimes it can feel a bit tedious.
In the days leading up to our scheduled trip to Maui, we were interested but not overly excited. We were curious but a bit skeptical. When all the travelers before us rave about a specific destination, we get our backs up a bit. It can’t be THAT great. I’m sure we’ll find something not to like about it.
Not to mention that because we have been nomadic for five years and been all over the globe, we’ve become much harder to impress. For us to be wowed, it has to be really amazing.
Well, hats off to Maui, because she blew our socks off as well.
We’ve got plenty to say about how this island charmed us so thoroughly – from welcoming hugs with genuine strangers, taking advantage of some amazing Maui food, and to endeavoring to see Maui from all angles (underwater and soaring through the skies) – we can now easily see why everyone raves so intensely. We join that group of ravers.
And to start it off, a video teaser of nearly everything we did and saw (our Maui “travel trailer”)…..
If you are having problems viewing this video, please click through to see Maui in all its glory. Make sure to watch it in HD!
How to have all the fun…
- Soar up the coast of Maui and over to the small island of Molokai’i (or other tours!) with Blue Hawaiian Helicopters
- Kayak and snorkel with Maui Kayak Adventures
- Zip through the eucalyptus forest on the slopes of Haleakala with Skyline Eco-Adventures
- Go 130ft underwater on the Atlantis Submarine
- Fly like a bird! Jump off the slopes of Haleakala with Dexter or Paul of Proflyght Paragliding
- Road trip to Hana, and download the Gypsy Guide to know when and what to stop for along the way
- 808 Boards will deliver paddleboards right to your hotel door! Their thorough instruction also helped us stay upright (mostly)
- Belt out Hawaiian chants while gliding along the water in a traditional outrigger canoe with HOE – Hawaiian Outrigger Experience
Many thanks to the Maui Visitors Bureau for bringing us to the island and arranging most of the activities above. All opinions, as always, are our own.